One of my very good blogger friends, Leigh Anne of Houseologie, nominated me this week for the Versatile Blogger Award! Having only been blogging seriously since mid-April, I’m honored and flattered that my friends and peers think I’m worth nominating for anything! This blog journey has been such a fun time so far and I can’t wait to continue down this DIY road 🙂
The rules say that upon accepting this award, I must:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
An Ode and Tribute to Leigh Anne:
Leigh Anne, you are one of my very best bloggy friends, and even though I’ve never met you in person I still find myself looking forward to chatting with you daily and swapping blog ideas and helping each other fix our problems! You and your blog, Houseologie, have inspired me to no end. Your home improvement projects, from your hallway makeover to your painted curtains, always make my heart go pitter-patter and are amazing in every way. I love your style and your kind, kind heart. Here’s hoping we can meet at HavenConf next year! (AmIright?)
That being said, there are SO many bloggers that I love and admire. I nominate the following for this wonderful Versatile Blogger Award for their amazingness as bloggers:
1. Holy and Madeline @ Create. Bake. Celebrate.
2. Elle @ Elle Ay Esse
3. Erica @ For the Love of Decorating
4. Kim @ Made in a Day
5. Emily @ Table + Hearth
6. Dory @ The Doyle Dispatch
7. Sarah @ 702 Park Project
8. Lo @ A Lo and Behold Life
9. Sarah @ Creative Ramblings
10. Carmody @ Paper and Fox
11. Mary @ Lemon Grove Blog
12. Laura @ I’m Not a Trophy Wife
13. Amy @ My 3 Monsters
14. Deb @ Seeking Lavender Lane
15. Rachel @ Oh Simple Thoughts
And now on to the part that I’m sure you’ll all dyinggg to know: 7 random facts about yours truly!
1. I’ve been to 48 out of 50 United States (just Alaska and Hawaii left!) because of trips with my family to see relatives on the east coast (we drove a different route each time) when I was younger.
2. I’m the biggest Harry Potter nerd you will probably ever know in your lifetime. Go on, ask me a question. I bet I know the answer! I also once dressed up as Hedwig for an HP party, I know, I know, I’m awesome. Stillll waiting for my letter to Hogwarts, btw.
3. I lived in Ecuador for 2 months as part of a mission trip through my church. While there I went snorkeling (even I’m afraid of deep water), ziplined over the Amazon jungle, climbed a 14,000 foot mountain, held a giant python around my neck, and jumped off a cliff and paraglided down with a guide (even though it’s probably a bad activity to do in a 3rd world country where safety standards are… interesting.)
4. Hubby and I love to travel – our most recent trips together include Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Florida (to see Harry Potter World of course), and Ireland/Northern Ireland. Next on the docket is Machu Picchu in Peru!
5. I have two kitties that are like my children. Oliver (the black one) and Mumford (the orange one), who was named for Mumford and Sons, one of my favorite bands of all time.
6. Hubby and I are big board game nerds and we get competitive. We love games like Settlers of Catan, Tikal, Dominion, 7 Wonders, and Ticket to Ride. You should check out any and all of those games. Seriously!
7. I may seem quiet at first glance, and it is true I am an introvert (which does not mean shy – I’m not shy!!) but I can be really goofy and silly once I feel comfortable around you. Some of my favorite things are Disney sing-alongs and witty sarcastic banter.
I hope you enjoyed these random but hopefully amusing facts about me! Thanks so much again to Leigh Anne for the nomination!
congrats on the award! 🙂 Just added you to my bloglovin’ feed recently and I look forward to following along!!
Aw, thanks so much! I just added you to bloglovin’ too – your projects are amazing! Yay for new bloggy friends! 🙂
What the what?!?! Thank you so much!!! I, too, am new (4 months!) and feel exactly as you do about this new endeavor. Guess I better get to working on my post now 😉
Your blog is so wonderful, Emily, I couldn’t help but nominate you!! 🙂 Looking forward to seeing your post!
Erica, you are so amazing! I LOVED reading more about you. I’m so glad we met through bloggyland and I’m so excited to see the places you’re headed. Now I’m going to go watch some HP.
Aw, I’m so glad that I met you, too! You are fantastic and I’m excited to take this blog journey with you! And haha, I’m proud – HP is da best. Period.