Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all are holding on to the Christmas Spirit and not wallowing in the fact that it’s the start of another work week! 😉 This is one of my favorite times of year so it’s hard to feel down when there is so much joy all around. I just love the lights, the music, the food, the tree, everything! Christmastime also means holiday entertaining! I don’t know about you, but I actually really love hosting people over the holidays! Yes, it’s a lot of work, but the deep joy I get from having loved ones near and serving them is indescribable. I love a good Christmas shin-dig with friends or hosting relatives for the night as they travel around spreading Christmas cheer. It’s simply the best! But I can’t be the hostess with the mostess without some of these holiday entertaining must-haves. Check out my picks below and then stick around for a suh-weet $500 Wayfair.com giftcard giveaway at the end! 🙂
*This post was sponsored by Wayfair.com. I received a gift card for writing this post, but all of the content, ideas, and opinions are my own!*
Holiday Entertaining Must-Haves
For the Kitchen
The holidays always mean a TON of delicious food! Savory dishes, roast turkeys, delectable desserts, the list goes on. I usually try to bake several different types of Christmas goodies for when I’m hosting or going to a party or cookie-exchange. I’ve not been promoted to host Christmas dinner yet, but I know a lot of you lovely people do. Hosting people for meals and parties is a ton of work, but here are some nifty things to add to your kitchen or dining room to help things to run smoother:
1. Swanky Bar Cart: A bar cart is the perfect addition for holiday entertaining. Keep festive drink supplies on hand for when neighbors drop by or when you host a holiday gathering at your home!
2. Non-Stick Bake Liner: Baking cookies is one of the main staples of Christmas! This bake liner is perfect for getting even baking and still allows you to use your old pans.
3. Festive Table Runner: I love decorating the table for Christmas! A fun tablescape just makes dining that much cheerier – for you and for guests! This candystripe runner is a definite winner.
4. Cheery Dinnerware: I remember eating off of fun holiday-only plates and it made meals so much more memorable for me. Invest in a set of special dishware you only bring out during the holidays!
5. Kitchen-Aid Mixer: No kitchen would be complete without a Kitchen-Aid mixer, holidays or not. This things is a workhorse for all of those special Christmas treats you’ll be baking for family and friends (and yourself!)
For the Guest Room
Having relatives over for any amount of time can be either super fun or really draining! I’ve definitely heard stories from both sides of the coin. Something that will help make hosting guests for an extended period of time easier is making sure that Aunt Sue or three-times-removed Cousin Fred have all the things they’ll need for their stay! Even if you don’t have a proper guest room, here are some things that you can use to make your guests feel right at home:
1. Warm Bedding: Having nice, soft sheets and a warm comforter are absolute must-haves so guests can get a good night’s sleep!
2. Cozy Blanket: Nothing is more welcoming than a cozy blanket to wrap up in on cold nights. Go for a woven or fuzzy one for extra comfort!
3. Instant Hot Water Dispenser: Set up a little tea/coffee bar in the guest room so guests can make a cuppa in the morning without having to leave their room.
4. Comfy Chair: Having a nice chair is great for guests to take a break in or for putting on things like shoes and accessories!
5. Amenity Baskets: I love having multiple baskets filled with towels, snacks, and toiletries for the ultimate royal VIP guest treatment.
For the Party
Nothing is better than a cozy, cheery Christmas party! The right decor, food, displays, lighting and furniture set-up can really make or break any holiday bash you have planned for this season. Having fun decor, a place for all those festive drinks and treats, and a furniture set-up that facilitates conversations (or dancing!) will be a win every time. From an intimate gathering to a swinging extravaganza, here are some must-haves that you can use to make your party POP:
1. Twinkling Light Curtain: Any good Christmas party deserves some fun Christmas lights! This light curtain works great as decor and could also function as an awesome backdrop for a photo booth. Just add some fun holiday props!
2. Fancy Serveware: This 3-piece cheese knife set is perfect for serving up all those fancy holiday cheeses. Or wrap it up and give it as a fun holiday gift to your host or hostess – they’re sure to love the classy gold handles!
3. Fun Wine Markers: Parties mean drinks. If you’re having a big shindig, it’s helpful to have wine glass markers so everyone can keep track of their beverages! It’s no fun accidentally taking a sip out of someone else’s odd holiday concoction instead of your own eggnog!
4. Seasonal Plates for Nibbles: Hors d’oeuvres are an absolutely necessary part of any holiday get-together, so make sure you have some festive plates for all those delicious nibbles!
5. Great Party Decor: Every good holiday party has fun and seasonal decor! I’d throw these gorgeous cone trees on the center of the dessert table for a festive and merry addition!
All of these items are definite must-haves for anyone who plans on doing holiday entertaining this Christmas season. I know these things have definitely helped me be the hostess with the mostess! But Erica, you say, I don’t have the money to get any of these things right now. Never fear! Wayfair.com is generously giving away a $500 giftcard so you can buy some of the fabulous products shown above or whatever your heart desires! Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below and enter for your chance to win BIG 🙂
Best of luck in the giveaway and I hope you’ve enjoyed my holiday entertaining must-haves! May you all have merry & bright Christmas seasons 🙂
Awesome round up of must haves! I love playing host too, and these are all fabulous ideas! I love that cozy blanket too 😉 http://www.wayfair.com/Woven-Workz-Judy-Throw-Blanket-121-WWZ1707.html
Thanks, Bre! I really like playing the hostess too – it’s stressful but fun when everything goes well! And I totes want that blanket for my own too but hubby says no more blankets :'(
SO many fabulous finds Erica!!! I LOVE hosting this time of year too! There’s just something about filling your home with everyone you love!
Thanks Kristi! I totally agree – having loved ones around is totally the best 🙂
PS. I’d totally out that twinkling curtain to work in my entryway!!! http://www.wayfair.com/Queens-of-Christmas-Curtain-Incandescent-Light-Bulb-WINL1204.html
Ooh, that would look so great in an entryway! Possibly behind like a console table or something? So pretty!
I *heart* that bar cart! I have been eyeing this comforter set in a king size forever and have it on my list! http://www.wayfair.com/Madison-Park-Aubrey-12-Piece-Comforter-Set-MP10-11XX-QMP1071.html
Thanks for stopping bye, Kathe! I totally adore the bar cart, too. And that comforter set you posted looks so classy and luxurious! Love it 🙂
The Luisa Vanity & Stool Set Is On My Wish-List! : http://www.wayfair.com/daily-sales/p/Gifts-for-Her-Luisa-Vanity-%26-Stool-Set~XHX1312~E14398.html?group_id=35
Reply – great choice Heather! I’d love one of those too – it’s just not as fun to get ready bent over the bathroom sink!
Oh for sure this Queens of Christmas 960 Light LED Waterfall Light : http://www.wayfair.com/Queens-of-Christmas-960-Light-LED-Waterfall-Light-WINL1494.html
Ooh, that waterfall is SO cool, Rebecca! Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love on this post! 🙂
Love the items on the list!! I would like to have this http://www.wayfair.com/Ambiente-Handmade_Decorative-Ceramics-Christmas=Sleigh-PP-010-ZML1171.html to use for decor on the table filled with ornaments for color.
Thanks so much, Sherry! That sleigh is absolutely adorable! I love it 🙂
LOVE everything on your list! And I need this fab cozy blanket 🙂 http://www.wayfair.com/Woven-Workz-Judy-Throw-Blanket-121-WWZ1707.html
Thanks, Amy! I totally want that blanket for myself but hubby vetoed me bringing in any more blankets. I bring them home like stray kittens!
Congrats on the gift card girl!! I love this post 😀 Holiday spirit filled to the rim! I love the http://www.wayfair.com/Home-Loft-Concept-Hoboken-Chamois-Fabric-Chair-OGO3253-NFN2142.html
But that is pretty much to be expected 😉 !
Thanks, Karisa! It was really fun writing this post! I totally adore that chair too. I want it in our bedroom!
The Keurig would be awesome to have when family comes over for the holidays!
I totally agree Amy! I need a hot beverage in the morning to function, especially when hosting!
I love the curtain of lights. It would be perfect for the Christmas photo booth at my work party!
Totally agree, my friend! Those lights are my fave too 🙂 Best of luck in the giveaway!!
I can’t decide I love them all!!!! Love your pics too!
Haha, it’s definitely a hard choice, Rachel! Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love all of the items you picked for the Guest Bedroom…especially that chevron quilt in grey!
Thanks, Jennifer! I totally adore that chevron quilt too 🙂
If I was going to entertain a large group of guests for the holidays, I would definitely need more serveware. Like this tiered stand: http://www.wayfair.com/American-Atelier-Mendocino-2-Server-Tiered-Stand-1332401-TVL2489.html
(Thank goodness I don’t have to host this year!)
Ooh, I love that tiered stand! So classy! And I agree, as much as I like playing hostess, sometimes it’s nice to let someone else do the hosting and just relax 🙂
I would love these twinkle lights! http://www.wayfair.com/Queens-of-Christmas-Curtain-Incandescent-Light-Bulb-WINL1204.html
Ooh, those look so fun, Lauren! Best of luck in the giveaway! 🙂
I love the Amberley Quilt Set: http://www.wayfair.com/Laura-Ashley-Home-Amberley-Quilt-Set-18574-LBA1424.html. With some cozy pillows and throws, it would sure brighten up my drab guestroom!
Ooh, that set looks so beautiful and cozy, Beverly! Best of luck in the giveaway! 🙂
Such great finds! I’m a total basket hoarder and could think of a ton of places to put these fabulous baskets. http://www.wayfair.com/Spectrum-Scoop-Basket-CXZ1058.html. Great round up!
I totally love baskets too, Katie! I definitely want some of those wire ones to put around my house 🙂 The possibilities are endless!
Awesome choices!! I’m ALL about a cozy blanket, so that’s what I would get!! http://www.wayfair.com/Woven-Workz-Judy-Throw-Blanket-121-WWZ1707.html
YESSSSS blankets fo’ DAYZ! 🙂
This is absolutely on my wishlist ! http://www.wayfair.com/Le-Creuset-Cast-Iron-Oval-French-Oven-LS2502-31-LEC2385.html
I have that exact one, Anni and I absolutely love it!!